Beginning June 20th and highlighted by the Portland Cider Summit tasting June 20-21 is the third annual Oregon Cider Week, the celebration of all things cider in the Pacific Northwest. Organized by the the Northwest Cider Association, the 10-Day series of events provides numerous opportunities not only to taste a huge array of ciders, but also to take part in a number of cider related events.
For cider enthusiasts and particularly for those looking to obtain an education in the various ways cider can be incorporated into a life of sybaritic investigations, Oregon Cider Week is a premier event. A list of all the events associated with Oregon Cider Week can be found here.
However, the following events strike me as particularly worthy:
• Cider Appreciation Class: A walk-through of 25 ciders from around the world.
• Alter Ego Cider Release Party: Celebrating The first release from Alter Ego
• Cidermaker Dinner: Reverend Nat’s Ciders at Hotel DeLuxe
• Cider Riot Tap Takeover: Cider Riot Pours Ciders at Apex
• Yamhill County Cider Tasting: Cidermakers From Yamhill County taste and talk
• English & French Cider Experience: Tastings of French & English Ciders at Bushwhacker